Setting up a promo code is useful for various marketing campaigns you may want to run based on holidays, seasons and so on. A promo code allows any customer who has the code to input it upon checkout and receive either a price or percentage discount on their purchase.
This promo code can be distributed in numerous ways, for example for newsletter subscribers, emailed to individual customers or as an advertising banner on your home page.
- Log in to your administration panel, open the Products tab and click on the Promotions link.
- Click on the Add cart promotion button on the right.
- Fill information in the General section.
- Open the Conditions tab and click on the Add condition button.
- Select the Coupon code or the Automatically generated coupon codes option in the opened select box. If you selected the Automatically generated coupon codes option, the system will do the next step automatically. If you selected the Coupon code option, then select the in, equal or contains option in the opened select box and enter the desired text in the opened input box
- Open the Bonuses tab and click on the Add bonus button
- Select the desired option in the opened select box, then enter the desired value to the opened input box
- Click on the Save button.